Thursday, April 17, 2008

So...

Thursday came way sooner than I would have liked.  However, it is here and that means it is "weigh day"!  I would love to be able to say that I lost 3 more pounds and am not only feeling good, but I am starting to look like Barbie with my skinny little waist and massive boobs.  Don't get jealous, reader-mommy, that is not the case.  I didn't lose any weight, I am still 131. I also don't look like Barbie.  I guess that means I still have work to do.  

Because I am trying not to lose weight too quickly, I have to modify my lifestyle one small step at a time to lose the last 15 pounds of baby weight that is still desperately clinging to my body.  Since I am no longer losing weight, I will now start to modify one weight related habit at a time.  I modify one thing after until I stop losing weight, then I'll add another modification.  For instance, I start by cutting back on sugar.  When that no longer works on it's own, I'll also cut back on carbs and so on.  Note that I don't cut OUT anything.  I only cut BACK on things.  I have found that when I cut something out completely I end up obsessing about it and inevitably break down resulting in guilt and a few extra pounds.  Modifying one habit at a time also gives me stronger will power.  Instead of going after the whole bee hive, I just smash one bee at a time...sorry Berry B. Benson.

Now, it's time to start modifying habits.  The first thing I will modify is my sugar intake.  I find that when I am not really hungry, just trying to satisfy the munchies, I eat mostly sweets (containing both high fat and high calories, neither being conducive to losing weight). So, cutting back on sugar allow me to eat better and less.  After my last pregnancy I lost most of my weight just by cutting back on sweets.  We'll have to wait and see if it still works!

Today I learned that it's much easier to get poop out of CROCS than sherling slippers.

No comments: